Dr. Daniel Kudenko
Research Group Leader
Daniel Kudenko is a Research Group Leader at L3S Research Center.
- machine learning (specifically reinforcement learning)
- AI for interactive entertainment
- user modelling
- human-AI interaction
For a list of Daniel Kudenko’s publications, please visit his Google Scholar page.
- Research Group Leader, L3S Research Center, University of Hannover, Germany, 2019-present.
- Professor, National Research Academic University of the Russian Academy of Science, St Petersburg, Russia, 2017-2018.
- Head of Group, Agent Systems and Reinforcement Learning Group, JetBrains Research, St Petersburg, Russia, 2017-2019.
- Lecturer, Artificial Intelligence Group, Department of Computer Science, University of York, 1998 – 2019.
- Project Consultant, QinetiQ, Adaptive Agents for Agile Teamwork Project, 2003-2006.
- AI Consultant, Core Design Studio, Eidos, 2005-2006.
- Knowledge Transfer Champion, Yorkshire Forward, 2006-2009.
- Research/Teaching Assistant, Rutgers University, 1993-1998.
1993-1998: Graduate study in computer science at Rutgers University, New Jersey. Degree: Ph.D.
1987-1993: Undergraduate and graduate study in computer science at Saarland University, Germany. Degree: Diplom Informatiker.
Current projects at L3S
Digispecies aims to digitize records of plant and animal species occurrence to document the extent of biodiversity loss.