Research Assistant (PhD Student or Post-Doc, m/f/d)
(Salary Scale 13 TV-L, 100 %)
The L3S Research Center (Visual Analytics Research Group, Prof. Dr. Ewerth) invites applications for the position of a Research Assistant (PhD Student or Post-Doc, m/f/d) (Salary Scale 13 TV-L, 100 %) starting at the earliest possible date. The position is initially limited to 2 years, an extension is possible.
- Research and development of methods for depth estimation in monocular images in the DFG-funded project “Weakly supervised learning for depth estimation in monocular images”
- Preparation of scientific publications
- Co-supervision of Master students
- Design and development of software components
- Collaboration with project partner
- Successfully completed university studies (Diploma/Master's degree) in Computer Science or Mathematics
- Very good knowledge in one or more of these areas: machine learning, deep learning, computer vision, visual analytics, and related areas
- Active publication activities
- Above-average commitment, solution orientation, initiative and ability to work in a team, independent and structured way of working
- Very good communication competence
- Very good proficiency in English is expected
Part-time employment is possible, as long as the offered workplace is covered in full extend.
As an equal opportunities employer, Leibniz University Hannover intends to promote women and men. For this reason suitably qualified women are specifically invited to apply.
Preference will be given to equally qualified applicants with disabilities.
Please submit your application with supporting documents and a list of references by February 10th, 2020 in electronic form (preferably in a single PDF document) to
or by postal mail to:
Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz Universität Hannover
L3S Research Center
Prof. Dr. Ralph Ewerth
For further information, please contact Prof. Dr. Ralph Ewerth (Email: email@example.com). More information on the L3S Research Center can be found at https://www.l3s.de and on the research groups website at https://tib.eu/visual-analytics.
Information on the collection of personal data according to article 13 GDPR can be found at https://www.uni-hannover.de/en/datenschutzhinweis-bewerbungen/.