Hi! My name is Damianos Melidis and I'm PhD student at the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Leibniz Universitaet Hannover, under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Eirini Ntoutsi since January 2017. My experience and interests lie in: data streams, data mining, machine learning and bioinformatics.
If you are interested on my profile, please write me an email at melidis att l3s.de or a LinkedIn message.
- Diploma (5-year studies) in Computer Science at Computer Engineering and Informatics Department,University of Patras (2006-2011).
- Master of Science in Computational Biology and Bioinformatics at Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich - University of Zurich (2012-2014).
- Research Assistant (Internship) position in bioinformatics at the research group of Molecular Diagnostics, Genomics and Bioinformatics, supervised by Dr. Christian Ahrens (2014-2015).
- Pattern Recognition:
- Unlocking the Black Box of Support Vector Machine based on Classification in Biological Datasets, D. Melidis, K. Theofilatos, A. Tsakalidis, S. Likothanassis, S. Papadimitriou and S. Mavroudi, HSCBB-2011.
- A Hybrid Support Vector Fuzzy Inference System for the Classification of Leakage Current Waveforms Portraying Discharges, K. Theofilatos, D. Pylarinos, S. Likothanassis and D. Melidis, K. Siderakis, E. Thalassinakis, S. Mavroudi Electric Power Components and Systems, 42:2, 180-189.
- Reference-guided de novo assembly: improved genome of a non-model plant species, H. E.L. Lischer, D. Melidis, M. Hatakeyama and K. Shimizu, European Society for Evolutionary Biology 2015 (Poster).
I was born and raised in sunny Athens, Greece. Through these years I have also lived in Switzerland and Germany where I got to know good friends.
Some nice peaces of literature: