The Research Center L3S is constantly looking for postgraduates in Computer Science or related subjects who show an above-average performance. In general, application is possible and welcome throughout the year. You should possess good knowledge in one or several areas relevant for the topics specified below:
- Web Search and Information Retrieval
- Information Extraction
- Data Mining and Statistical Analysis
- Semantic Technologies
- Natural Language Processing
- Multimedia Retrieval
- Concept Extraction and Semantic Search
The L3S provides an advanced education in the interdisciplinary fields of Web Science. For students working towards a doctoral degree, we offer continuing education opportunities through seminars, supervision by our project leaders, and contact with academia.
Supervision and Mentoring
The high level of research is facilitated by a variety of interesting, innovative and international research projects as well as by the L3S’s innovative mentoring program. Within our mentoring program, all PhD students have, in addition to their affiliation with a full-time faculty member as their PhD advisor, an experienced PostDoc researcher on their side as a personal mentor who supports their work and personal progress.
Internal Training and Workshops
Furthermore, the L3S invests extensively in internal training sessions as well as workshops. The main goal of the L3S is to provide excellent scientific training for PhD students while they conduct high quality research. Modules available at the L3S as part of the training program include summer schools, funded conference participation, as well as training on related soft skills, e.g. on academic presentation techniques, project management for research, statistical data analysis, time management, negotiation techniques etc.
Skills and Requirements
We seek PhD-graduates in computer science or a related field with:
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience in software development
- Team player with very good communication skills
- Very good written and oral English skills
Your application should include:
- Statement of purpose
- Curriculum vitae
- Master degree certificate (or equivalent)
- Names of two references
- We will assist you in submission of the relevant documents you will need for your stay in Hannover!
- You can apply for a scholarship at the DAAD or your national governmental organization!
- You will get social security insurance / health insurance!
- We will take care of administrative issues. In order to ease your first steps in Hannover, the L3S Team will support you with matters like visas, residence permits, health insurance and accommodations.
For more information please contact jobsL3S.de or have a look at our homepage at www.L3S.de. Click for additional information about studying in Hannover.